As you’d hope, we always take privacy and personal data seriously and will only use the personal information that you submit to deal with your enquiry and provide the products and services you’ve requested from us as a client.
And we’ll only ever use your details for these purposes.
As such, the details you provide here won’t be used for any marketing or commercial purposes, or disclosed to any other party unless we’re required by law to do so (and let’s hope that won’t ever happen either).
What information of yours do we collect?
As a prospective client, we collect:
- Information that you provide by filling in the contact form on our website (i.e. your name, company, email address, contact no.).
- Information and documents related to following up your enquiry, including communications with you.
(If you make an enquiry to us via email or phone, we’ll use this information to follow it up to see how we can help you.)
As a client
, we’ll hold the following information about you:
How do we use your information?
- Your name and contact information.
- Information and documents relating to the service we’re providing, including communications with you.
- Demographic information for invoicing purposes such as address and postcode, and billing and payment information.
Any personal information that we collect and store is primarily used for internal record-keeping to enable us to provide our services to you:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To invoice you, and to keep track of payments that you make.
As such, our processing of your data is justified on the basis of our legitimate interests in running and promoting the business, our contractual requirements to deliver the agreed copywriting and marketing services to you, and our legal obligations (such as using your personal data for tax purposes). How secure is your information with us?
We’re committed to ensuring that all your information is secure.
So, to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we’ve put in place suitable physical, electronic and system procedures to safeguard and secure it.
We currently use the following third-party online tools:
- LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram to manage our social media interactions. If you send us a private or direct message via social media, then rest assured that it’ll be for our eyes only and not be shared with any other organisations. For more information, please view the respective privacy policies below:
When you email us:
- We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government standards.
- If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
- To protect us from viruses or malicious software, we also monitor all emails sent to us, including file attachments. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law!
- We use a third-party service, Blogger.com, to publish our blog and news.
- It’s hosted at http://www.bonmots.co.uk/bonblog/ and run by Blogger.
- We use a standard Blogger service to collect anonymous information about users' activity on the site, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it.
- For more information about how Blogger.com processes data, please see its privacy notice on http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/?hl=en.
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit and are widely used to make websites work/function more efficiently. They also provide the owner of the site with relevant information.
So, unless you’ve set your browser to block cookies, this site will place the following cookies on your computer:Cookie -
_ga , _gid, _gatName -
Google AnalyticsPurpose -
Google Analytics gathers information allowing us to understand interactions with our websites and ultimately refine that experience to better serve you.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
.How long will we hold your information?
As a prospective client, if your enquiry through the website doesn’t lead to anything, we’ll delete all your details after 30 days.
Otherwise, we’ll retain information about you for the duration of our relationship with you, and then for a further 2 years.
We’ll also need to retain any financial records for 6 years (following the end of the current financial year).Changes to this Privacy Notice
We regularly review this privacy notice under regular review – it was last updated on 5th May 2018.Finally, and just as importantly – your Data Protection rights
As an individual whose personal data is processed by BonMots Creative Copywriting & Marketing Communications, here’s a quick reminder of your rights:
Need to get in touch regarding this Privacy Notice or your personal data?
- The right to access what data we hold about you.
- The right to object to direct marketing (although we don’t do that).
- The right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interests.
- The right to erasure (in some circumstances).
- The right to data portability.
- The right to have your data rectified if it’s inaccurate.
- The right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data – or contact us with a data protection query regarding the processing of your personal data – please email PaulKromer@BonMots.co.uk